Mustang, OKC firefighters put out house fire

Mustang and Oklahoma City firefighters came together Friday evening to fight a house fire at a Mustang duplex.
The Mustang Fire Department got a call at 8:36 p.m. Friday, June 9, about a house fire at 131 N. Bison Court Way.
The fire started in the living room of the duplex by an accidental cause, Fire Chief Carl Hickman said Monday.
The fire was confined to the one duplex and there were no injuries.
It caused about $35,000 worth of damage.
It took firefighters about two hours to put out the fire.
MFD had two engines at the scene.
The Oklahoma City Fire Department came because of the “Automatic Aid” that was put in place last August. Hickman said that whereas with mutual aid, you call another department for help, with automatic aid, another department is automatically sent to help in the case of structure fires.

Leave a Comment