EL RENO – Canadian County officials on Tuesday approved the lease-purchase of a new truck to assist with road projects.
With Commissioner Jack Stewart unavailable for the meeting, Commissioners Marc Hader and Dave Anderson approved a five-year lease-purchase agreement for a 3,500 gallon distribution truck. The price is $237,600.
The truck will be purchased by District 1, which is Hader’s region. However, it will be available for use in all three districts.
The Kenworth truck is being purchased from G.W. Van Keppel Co.
Hader said the truck will be used with chip and seal equipment that was recently purchased through an auction, and will allow the county to do full-width chip and seal work.
The county also approved agreements with CGG Land Inc. for geophysical surveys. The commissioners said the agreements cover about 100 acres of land that are owned by the county. The surveys are used to find oil and gas reserves.
The company will pay the county $20 per acre for the surveys. They also will be responsible for any damage that is done to the county’s property.
Officials also approved an agreement with Bob Manley to conduct surveys at the Canadian County Children’s Justice Center as a part of an expansion project.
The center is preparing to add two safe rooms at the facility, which was “skirted” four years ago by a tornado that destroyed a nearby vo-tech as well as a livestock facility.
Center officials also asked the county to begin looking at hiring a construction manager for the project. The names of four proposed companies were presented to the commissioners for consideration.
In addition, the officials presented the commissioners with a revised set of plans for the expansion project, which also includes the addition of a new courtroom and improved security features.
The commissioners said they would review the companies and make a decision in the near future.
In other action, the commissioners:
- Approved a contract with Security Solutions for the purchase of a security system for District 3. The cost of the project is about $14,000.
- Approved an agreement with Enable Gas Gathering LLC for the relocation of utility infrastructure for a road project on Calumet Road.
- Approved forms for the payment of rights of way claims to Pinnacle Consulting and Management for the Calumet Road project.
- Approved amended temporary appropriations for the county’s general fund. The appropriations, which are used at the beginning of the new fiscal year, were originally approved on May 8
- Approved health department contracts with Katherine Norris for work as a teaching assistant for the Early Foundations Program; nursing contracts with Keely McGough, Suzanna Dooley, Melissa Dobbs and Patricia Scott; clerical consulting contracts with Stephanie Daniel and Mindi Mobly; registered dietician contract with Adrianna Halstead; and maintenance services contracts with the county for the health department offices in both El Reno and Yukon.
- Action on a proposal to set mileage fees was tabled until all three commissioners could be present.