Corporal Daniel Hall, Corporal William Carpenter and Corporal Jeff Six with a daycare that visited them with gifts Friday. The officers also gave the children a tour of the station. (Photographer/Victoria Middleton)
Daycare gives back to the blue
A daycare paid it forward to the men and women in blue at the Mustang Police Department with cookies, handmade cards and gift cards.
In return, they received warm smiles from officers, repeated thank you’s and a tour of the police station.
On Friday, July 29, Deb’s Little Darlin’s Preschool, owned by Debbie Splawn-Bunch, brought several of her students to the police department. They delivered their goodies, including cookies made by Shelly Ballew and gifts cards donated by parents.
The kids chose an officer to give their handmade cards to that included their photos on them. The group also gave a framed 8×10 photo of the daycare with the message: Thank you for keeping us safe! Thank you for showing the kids around too!
“In these troubled times for our police officers, we hope we were able to let them know how very thankful we are for all they risk every day to keep us safe,” Splawn-Bunch said.
Scenes from the Daycare’s PD visit
- Children listen to officers as they talk during the daycare’s July 29 visit to the Mustang Police Department. (Photographer/Victoria Middleton)
- Corporal William Carpenter gives the children Mustang Police badges so they can be official to tour the police station. (Photographer/Victoria Middleton)
- Corporal Daniel Hall and Corporal William Carpenter read the message on the framed photograph the daycare presented to the department. (Photographer/Victoria Middleton)
- Children watch as an officer enters the lobby of the police department. (Photographer/Victoria Middleton)
- A child high fives Corporal Williams Carpenter. (Photographer/Victoria Middleton)
- All smiles for the officers with their handmade cards that featured their photographs too. (Photographer/Victoria Middleton)
- The children hold on tight to cookies while their teacher talks to officers in 911 dispatch. (Photographer/Victoria Middleton)